Batman 75 by tydesignSketch Fury Challenge No. 2
Originally I was set to submit my sketch of Daredevil, but in honor of Batman’s 75th Anniversary, I decided to submit this marker rendering of the new 52 Batman. After watching Jim Lee draw, I was inspired to do some roughs with my Copic markers. As with my previous sketch submissions (Superman, Superman II), I’m still trying to find my comic book pencilling groove. Having a traditional fine arts education in painting reprogrammed my brain (and hand) to be more realistic in style rather than the dynamic exaggeration that I’d like to use for my own work. The comic book artists I admire are: Arthur Adams, Chris Bachalo, Josh Middleton, Sara Pichelli, and Frank Quitely.
- Pilot Color Eno Mechanical Pencil – 0.7 mm – Soft Blue Body – Soft Blue Lead
- Pentel .3 Graph Gear 1000™ Mechanical Drafting Pencil, HB Lead
- Copic Markers
- Paper Mate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick
- STAEDTLER 526 B209 Mars Rasoplast Black Edition Eraser
- Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Board Pads